There’s nothing more satisfying than indulging in a delicious salad during lunchtime. Salads are the perfect midday meal because they’ll leave you satisfied until dinner time, but you won’t feel overly bloated and full. If you’re looking for a new salad recipe to try out, then this Greek green bean salad one is a great choice. The salad is incredibly crisp and fresh and you’ll feel ready to take on the rest of the day! This easy to make salad only takes a total of 15 minutes to create and then you’ll be in food heaven.
What You’ll Need For The Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley or dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
Ingredients For The Salad
- 6 oz green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 3 to 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- fresh parsley chopped, to garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, oregano, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper and set aside to allow the flavors to meld.
- Trim ends off green beans and cut in half, if desired.
- Fill a medium pot with water and set to boil on high.
- Set aside a medium bowl of ice water.
- Once water is at a rolling boil, add green beans and cook for 3-5 minutes or until they reach ideal tenderness.
- Drain and immediately submerge beans in ice bath to halt the cooking process.
- Combine green beans with red pepper and tomatoes and toss with dressing to coat.
- Top with crumbled feta and fresh parsley to garnish.
Recipe courtesy of: walmart.com