- Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
- She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness
- She openeth her mouth with wisdom, and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
I am in desperate need of some T.I.M.E. with God.
I've had a roller coaster of a summer, and I've been really struggling with disappointed expectations--both my own as well as those of others. I feel like I've gone from strengths backward to weakness--physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
Right now, I'm in the valley. Can you tell?
- I can't seem to order my days rightly.
- I'm disorganized and messy and distracted and pre-occupied.
- I have grand plans but little follow-through.
- I've been upset with circumstances beyond my control.
- I seem to always be taking two steps forward and three steps back--not just in one area but in many.
- I'm disappointed with myself--with choices I've made--some of them in times past, some of them more recent.
I was just thinking, though, of words from an old song that goes "in the valley, He restoreth my soul".
And then I think of the part of the part of Psalm 23, where it says "He preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemy".
Right now I am my own worst enemy, no question. But I am thankful that He brings me to places of quiet and stillness, and that He does bring restoration to my soul.
Until next time...