- The Lord's lovingkindesses indeed shall never cease, for His compassions never fail.
- They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23 (NAS)
I've been thinking for a while about some changes I need to make--in myself, in my routine, in my habits. My intentions are good, but sometimes I tend to procrastinate. You know how it is.
- I'll start that exercise routine--after the holidays.
- I'll go on a diet--starting Monday.
- I'll quit using credit cards--as soon as I get back from vacation.
- I'll go back to school to get my degree--as soon as the kids are older.
Some of my goals are noble
- Read my Bible more
- Spend more time in prayer--for myself, my family, my world
- Pick up my studying again--for ministry, and for myself
- Pursue ministry opportunities
Some are mundane
- Make my bed every day
- Floss more
- Cook and eat more vegetables
- Keep the clutter more at bay
I'm often well-intentioned; not-so-often successful at my goals of transformation. And periodically I wake up and think, "Here I go--again" Starting over at this or that--again.
New Years is one of those times we think we should start everything---the diet, the exercise program, even the Through the Bible in a Year reading program!
Well, as usual, I didn't do any of those things. I even got a exercise thingy AND a One-Year-Bible for Christmas--both gifts I had requested, at that. And have yet to take a crack at either of them.
But this morning, as I was deriding myself again about lost opportunities again--I was reminded of the scripture that I quoted at the top of this post.
- The Lord's loving kindnesses shall never cease.
- His compassions shall never fail.
- They are new EVERY morning.
- Great is His faithfulness
Even when I'm not faithful, He is faithful. His loving kindnessess and compassion are new EVERY morning.
I hate cliches, like "This is the first day of the rest of your life". So I won't say that. What I will say is this:
This is the first day of the next year of your life.
Happy New Year.
Until next time...